Food safety, ag tech, plant breeding, irrigation technology, bioinnovation, automation for precision and sustainability – the opportunities for collaboration run deep and wide, as last week’s agricultural delegation from California discovered during a fascinating, stimulating week in Spain.
Like all great trips this one included a terrific group of Californians:
- Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
- Don Cameron, Terranova Ranch/California State Board of Food and Agriculture
- Jenet DeCosta, Driscoll’s
- Leonard Diggs, Pie Ranch/ EFA SAP
- Rolston St. Hilaire, California State University, Fresno
- Garrett Patricio, Westside Produce
- Emily Rooney, Agricultura Council of California
- Ram Uckoo, Wonderful Citrus
- Christopher Valdez, Grower-Shipper Association of Central California
- Joshua Viers, University of California, Merced
- Gabriel Youtsey, University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Josh Eddy, CDFA State Director, International Affairs
In addition, it was a pleasure to travel with Karisha Kuypers, the USDA Agricultural Attaché based in Madrid. The USDA Foreign Agricultural Service is an important asset for all businesses wanting to expand international business.